Nurture Project International (NPI) is a US-based, non-profit organisation. NPI responds to crisis and disaster to provide
Nurture Project International is a US based nonprofit organization committed to ensuring special protection for the most vulnerable women and children – victims of war, disasters, extreme poverty, all forms of violence and exploitation, and those with disabilities.
Nurture Project International is non-partisan, secular, and its cooperation is free of discrimination. Nurture Project International protects the rights of women and children who are experiencing disaster and crisis and responds to meet their basic nutritional needs.
Nurture Project International is dedicated to upholding the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child (CRC) which outlines protection for all children and states that all children are entitled the rights to life and development and adequate nutrition and healthcare.
- To provide technical assistance for Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies (IYCF-E).
- To offer nutritional support to pregnant and lactating women and children under 5 years old.
- To ensure that pregnant women are receiving prenatal care and support through pregnancy, birth, and during the newborn period.
- To offer mentoring and consultation to actors in the field regarding IYCF-E to ensure best practices and consistent messaging.
- To provide technical lactation support, relactation support, detailed assessments and follow up care plans, and the provision of breastmilk substitutes if breastfeeding is not possible.
- To decrease the number of malnourished infants and pregnant and lactating women by providing comprehensive nutritional support in the form of food packs, micronutrient support, and community management of malnutrition.
- To provide free basic prenatal care from licensed midwives
- To include psychosocial support in all areas of programming including trauma support, education and classes, infant hygiene stations, and relaxation and bonding sessions for mothers and their babies.
- To promote the equal rights of women and girls and to support their full participation in the political, social, and economic development of their communities.
- To facilitate community-driven peer support networks where women can feel empowered and find information, support, and access to resources.
- To work closely with other NGOs and volunteers to ensure that appropriate referrals and best practices are in place with regards to prenatal care, childbirth, and IYCF-E.